Monday, February 14, 2011

The Sunday Takeaway

I started a consistent Monday post last week about my Sunday Takeaway.
I spoke this week so I'm not going to do a takeaway on myself...that would just be weird.
Emily wrote a blog with a pretty sweet recap...check it out.

So here's some behind the scenes madness from the day:
- if you didn't notice we crammed 3,498 things into each gathering
- worship, offering, covenant, Barbers, Kingdom Healing conference, We love campaign w/ video, me speaking, and Aaron sending out. It might not seem like it but we work really hard to be clear and flow. We cut 17 things out. It's a busy season for us.

Funniest moments:
- Luke came up to me at the end and told me it wasn't my sweatband or orange shorts that were distracting...it was my crazy white legs! Amazing.

- Comments my beard left about my message on Facebook. I have no idea who started a profile as my beard. Little creepy, kind of hilarious.

- Giving a message on stage with a "Club Cougar" sign behind me...awkward.

Greatest moment of the day:
- Got a facebook request from someone I just met yesterday. This was her status today: "I made a public commitment to God, Jesus and The Stirring today! I feel so fantastic and I’m so excited to be part of this family!"

I'd love to hear your takeaway! Long live the roosters!

2 comments:

Emily Branca said...

Thanks for the shout-out dude! Great message. Seriously. It's one of those messages you need to listen to ever few months. Thanks for your obedience... And for rocking the running garb!

Unknown said...

I love that 'The Stirring" took the place of 'the holy spirit' in the holy trinity.