Sunday, February 06, 2011

The Sunday Takeaway

I'm working through consistent posts that I'd like to become staples for the new blog.
I'm thinking about a weekly post about our Stirring gatherings...don't hold me to it.

- The Sunday Takeaway: I sit through 2-3 gatherings every week for the Stirring. We put a lot of time and prayer into what happens on a weekend. The Sunday Takeaway will be the notes in my moleskin that have stars next to them, or something special that God did, or a behind the scenes look at something that went down, or something hilarious that happened that most people didn't see. Here's my takeaway from today...

Jenna and Ashley did a great job leading worship. Ashley shared a testimony of God healing her legal blindness at the 11am gathering...super powerful...felt like it built a ton of faith in our family.

The funny moment of the morning was Nate backing up and almost bailing over the stool that we always set up in the middle of where we speak. I sit up front and watch Nate dance around it every week. This week his calculation was a little off. He played it off nicely :)

Nate taught on hearing God's voice in community. Encouragement, wisdom, words of knowledge, and prophecy. He's taught on spiritual gifts before and I think he has given the most solid teachings on the subject that I've ever heard. Here's the quote in my moleskin with the star next to it. It context of talking about words of knowledge, Nate said, "God gives us words of knowledge for people because He wants them to know that He knows." That was really powerful for me. Something I shared at the end of the gathering is a prayer that I made at the beginning of the year. I told God that I wanted to be faithful with every word that he gives me this year. Even if it terrifies me I want to be obedient when God gives me his heart to share with others. One thing I know about the kingdom of God is that when you are faithful with a little you can be entrusted with more. I want to be faithful with every prompting of the spirit in my life.

At the end of the gathering I prayed for a man that I met last week that is deaf and has brain cancer. It was an amazing moment to join his wife in tears and translation as we brought his situation before the God of the universe. Nothing is impossible with God.

Great Sunday.
I'd love to hear your takeaway.
Until next week...

3 comments:

Christian said...

Sunday Takeaway:

hmmm... overslept and missed church (didn't get out of bed till 1pm).

obviously skipped the evening service cause of this one game.

And then went to bed at 9pm.

Successful day? not really...

Sarah said...

LOVE the idea of a Sunday takeaway-let's me know what I'm missing out on-miss you guys!

Littau family said...

In a few months... they'll be no "take down" -Mike