Monday, February 07, 2011

Don't run with dogs!

Today I hit my normal 4 mile run with Sean Baxter on the flat side of the Diesel Horse Bridge.
One added element in the mix...Sean's crazy dog Gunner.
Sean was pushing his daughter Stella in the jogging stroller and I was holding on for dear life.
It didn't help that there were 94 people on the trail with 58 dogs that Gunner wanted to get to know better. My biceps got a bigger work out than my legs because I was pulling with everything I had the whole time. Double work out.
Moral of the story. Run really early in the morning when you can let your dog run free and scare the insides out of the one other person on the trail that is up at that time. There's really nothing like a white object coming at you at 30 mph in the dark and hearing the dog's owners yelling something that sounds like "gun."
Good times.

1 comment:

Littau family said...

I feel the same way about taking our 3 year old on the trail with her bike... she will stop just as often as the dogs. -Mike