Wednesday, February 09, 2011

My buddy Sean...

You ever have those moments that you wish you could jump into someone's shoes for a few days to give them a break from crazy pain or a situation they are going through?
Over a week ago my buddy Sean Gafner got a brutal surgery to fix his crazy sleep apnea. I just got through a series of text with him and he's still in incredible pain. I'm feelin' pretty good right now and I would totally pull off a switch-a-roo for a few days if given the chance. I hate seeing him so hurt and discouraged.
Sean's one of those once in a lifetime friends that was a gift from God when I came to Redding. God knows what you need when you move 10 hours away from all your family and friends to take on a new job in a new community. He's one of those guys that I would do anything for but when there are things that are out of your control, like painful surgeries, it makes it hard.
So for now I'm setting an alarm on my phone for 90 minutes after every time he takes his codeine. That's the time when the meds start to wear off and then there's 2.5 hours of hell. I told him I'm sending inspirational texts that will rival the speech from the movie Rudy.
Anyway...before this post gets too weird with man love, thank God for the family and friends that God has placed in your life that you are willing to bear burdens with. Because you know sometime in the near future you will need the support of a great friend!

3 comments:

Littau family said...

He has been in my thoughts daily when he told us a few weeks ago about his surgery. I hope that in the end he will look back and say the surgery was really worth it. -Mike

Alyssa said...

Your so sweet. Love you

Dana said...

Man Dan I am SO glad that you are blogging again. I look forward to your posts daily!