Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Loving rebuke

Today I was reminded of my tendency to be a ding dong. I made some remarks in the last couple days that sat wrong with a friend and they let me know. It was brought up intentionally...it was straight to the point...I left understanding how I made this person feel...and I was given a chance to talk about my feeling on the subject.
I love the community I'm surrounded with at the Stirring. Everything is current. I piss you off and you let me know, I have a chance to apologize and we get over it and move on. No built up bitterness towards anyone...no walking on egg shells...it's how things should operate!
Staying current and being honest should mark every Christian community but it doesn't. As we are being transformed more and more into the image of Christ we need to be speaking the truth in love to our brothers and sisters that have signed up to follow Jesus. It should just be a normal part of community. Why do we shy away from confrontation? Thoughts?

4 comments:

JUAN said...

I think in most cases involving confrontation most always it's a two sided conflict. Neither person is looking at themselves as the culprit. It's always the other dude that has the issue... But really, what I have learned is if you're the first to humble yourself and ease into the situation admitting your faults.. in most cases the other will follow... and the issue is resolved in Love...

However now and then there are those that are full of pride and wont acknowledge their part in the play so to speak. In which God can ultimately work in you to see how you might be able to pray for this type of situation when it occurs.....

If we are able to first recognize our brothers and sisters concern before our own and train ourselves Biblically on a day to day basis I believe we would see a decrease in these kinds of mishaps.. It's hard.. I'll be the first to admit...

Elissa said...

First thought...
Because it's hard!

Second thought...
Amen to faith in action and living a life that is grounded in God's word!

Rosetta Borgic said...

1. I love the how the community we live in can resolve issues in love. So awesome.
2. I love that you called yourself a ding dong.

Josh H. said...

i think a lot of people shy away from confrontation so they can further the gossip chain...avoid the person you have an issue with but keep spreading slader about them...rally the troops around you per se. i am guilty of it...if i confront and end issue with someone then i have nothing to rant about with friends. as brothers and sisters in Christ we must break that cycle...immerse ourselves in the Word, in fellowship and in Christ...it is He alone who can soften our hard, gossiping hearts.