Friday, July 18, 2008

Weight watcher must haves


I thought I would start a series of posts for my blog buddies that are battling the bulge. (I promise I'll stop using words that start with B...I don't know what just happened!)
I am a weight watchers guy myself. It's not a diet, you just learn to eat good portions. The things I look at in nutritional facts are calories, fat, and fiber. They have a point calculator that takes those numbers and turns them into points. I am allowed 24 points a day for my age and weight. When you are active during the day it gives you more points to work with.
So here's my thought...I've been doing this for over two years now and I've come up with quite a few must haves. You know, the food you can eat that is awesome and low points. Well I just stumbled across Skinny Cow. They have a whole line of deserts but I really like the ice cream sandwiches and they are only 2 points. I love ice cream and the slow churned stuff is pretty low in points but I don't trust myself to just scoop 1/2 a cup. I only give myself a small mug but I find a way to pack a pint in a mug! Now it's your turn. Help a brotha out. Got any low calorie, low fat, high fiber goodness? Hook me up! More to come.

7 comments:

lovemyguys said...

Hey, Dan. I'm also Batteling the Buldge. I'm doing it through a website though. I'm down about 13 pounds so far! It's free, and right now, free is good.

Anyway, have you tried the Weight Watcher's One Point Chili? It's a crock pot dish, so it doesn't heat up your house to make it. It's amazing, and SO much better the next day!

Thanks for keeping us all up to date on this difficult (but totally worth it) fight!!

Emily Branca said...

so, i myself am a weight watchers gal and a good snack that i've found are the fiber 1 granola bars. they have 9 grams of fiber. 4 grams of fat and 150 calories. that puts them at 2 points, and they are so satisfying. you've got to try them. the peanut butter ones are killer.

JUAN said...

Skinny Cow? Is that a nice way to call people gluttons? wow.. awesome! I wonder if they are owned by Airheads candy.... it would make sense..

I still gotta try those Veggie Burgers you hold to high regard!

Christina Ellis said...

I completely agree, the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are awesome! We're not exactly watching what we eat, even though we should, but the skinny cows seem to end up in the cart every time I go shopping.

Klein said...

Emily is on it. Fiber 1 granola bars at costco. Great for breakfast

Melissa said...

La Tortilla factory tortillas have 8 grams of fiber (!) low cal and low fat. I make wraps for lunch a fe times a week, throw in some shredded chicken (I buy the pre-cooked garlic and her one from the deli) a little FF ranch dressing, tons of lettuce, tomato and 1/4-1/2 of an avocado and enjoy!

amy coverdale said...

dan. fruit and veggies. i'm trying to stop eating all the sugar.. i've never been into weight watchers b/c i pretty much watch my "points" you could say.. . plus alot of the food that you can eat on weight watchers has alot of crap in it.. like partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. bad bad bad. make some homemade sorbet. or some killer fresh fruit smoothies w/silken tofu... i've got a killer one that tastes like a peanut butter mood from jamba..but w/o all the fat. dElish. anyway. fruits and veggies are the best thing to go for when you have those ice cream cravings. . . and don't eat 2 hours before bed. . . ok.. that's all for now. good luck.