Friday, July 18, 2008

Let's test the power of RevRock

I've got a good handful of you comin' to hang out on my blog on a daily basis now...I enjoy the community, the back and forth, the spewing of ideas. I'd like to see if we can actually use the muscle of this blog for good.
Our church, the Stirring is launching its first church plant, hopefully in the fall. We are funding the whole plant ourselves. We'd like to cover all the start up costs by raising money from friends and family. We have 30 of us that are doing a fund raiser called Hack Fest. It's 30 dudes, golfing 100 holes, and asking people to sponsor per hole. Each person has committed to raise $1,000.00
I've already got more than that but I haven't even tapped the power of the blog world yet. There's over 100 of you out there that are going to read this today. If you each sent me $10 we'd have another $1000. If you each sent me 2 million dollars we'd have 200 million dollars!
We believe this is how God is calling our family to grow in Redding. We don't desire to grow bigger under one roof. We want to spread out through the city, empowering more leaders, sharing space, and making more disciples in the way of Jesus. One vision, different campuses. WE LOVE. WE MAKE DISCIPLES. That's what we're about!
Sound interesting...start praying for us...send money!
Make checks payable to The Stirring at 3468 Bechelli Ln. Ste E - Redding, CA 96002 and put Hack Fest in the memo. All contributions are tax deductible.
Please pray about supporting us. Thanks!

7 comments:

JUAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rev rock said...

that's a great idea Juan. Let me know what you're thinkin'!

nathan said...

I've got an idea ... let's do an art & film festival this year ... and we can call it Erase the Dark ... and we can raise money for a school in our city ... awesome ...

nathan said...

let's do an art & film festival this year ... and we can call it Erase the Dark ... and we can raise money for a school in our city ...

JUAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Topherspoon said...

I'm in for $10 but you have to post pics.

rev rock said...

I'll post pics. Thanks Topher!