Thursday, July 24, 2008

Great conversation tonight

Last week at the Stirring I saw a guy that I've met twice before and have talked to for a total of about 4 minutes. I felt strongly like I should ask him to hang out this week sometime. So as he was leaving I asked him if he wanted to talk sometime. It was weird...I never do stuff like that.
Tonight we had coffee...talked about life, doubt, struggles, Jesus...it was awesome.
It was one of the most refreshing conversations I've had with someone in a long time.
So glad I got a little uncomfortable and actually made the effort to talk to someone I barely know. So many times we stick to the 7 people we know at church or any group setting and we forget what it's like to be the new guy in the room that doesn't know anyone and doesn't know the rules. Tonight reminded me why I was put on this planet. Not to play it safe...but to join with people in their journeys towards Jesus.
I had four amazing conversations with people today...Starbucks, Yaks, Togo's, and Starbucks. I only drank two Americano's. Today was a good day!

No comments: