Friday, July 25, 2008

What just happened??@!?


I just walked into the Redding DMV fully ready to punch someone in the throat and yell at someone at the top of my lungs. To my wonder and amazement it was a pleasant experience. I have a history of losing my salvation at DMV's but Redding has changed everything.

I walk in on a Friday at 4:30pm. Last day of the week. Everyone is probably ready to kill people. But no...
Lady at the first desk...nice...friendly...gives me more information than I need.
Stunned I sit down...10 minutes later I'm talking to another nice woman behind the desk...I'm looking for hidden cameras. She sends me to a 3rd lady that is the nicest yet...takes my picture...gives me provisional license and I'm on my way.
I honestly had no words. I just had a fully enjoyable experience at the DMV. Kudos Redding Department of Motor Vehicles. Your love has covered a multitude of morons!

7 comments:

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

DMV has such an undeservedly bad reputation from years of poor service over decades ..... (at least I think that is what is going on here....)

Same thing happened to us this afternoon, only MORE so.

Went to DMV. Arrived early (3:45) for Jacob's driving test appointment that we jotted down on our calendar-of-all-things-Weinstein for 4:20.

Jacob was primed, pumped, and ready to take the test before the weekend. Yes, and not just a little nervous.

Only problem was, what looked on our calendar like 4:20 was actually 9:20. Boy, were we late. In all fairness, we should have been given the boot, sent out the door with a disappointed young man on a Friday afternoon. (and it was NOT his writing on the calendar- I'll fess up to the poor penmanship).

But the folks at the DMV were terrific- squeezed a little and popped out someone to administer a behind-the-wheel on this Friday afternoon.

Jacob took his first solo trip to the Grove to work the video switcher for the Leeland concert.

Thank you for being kind, DMV.

Sarah said...

yes..I too had a similar experience at the Redding DMV..I pretty much left shell shocked after having only been there 20 minutes, accomplishing all I needed to do without anyone getting upset...and they all spoke English...I didn't know what to do with myself....

JUAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JUAN said...

the secret is you showed up at 4:30.. a half hour before they close.... This is commonly known as happy hour...

Anonymous said...

Can't be, they must have been a front for a far more sinister government agency & they just did not have their act down yet...

jered said...

Just in case you have negative experiences again, check out Registration Express Group on Hilltop. They do charge fees for the transactions, but it's a relaxed office environment and you can do anything there that you can do at the DMV (except for driving tests and a couple other things). I've done all my DMV-related business there over the past couple years.

Unknown said...

just remember to pass it on like the coke commercial, heinekin commercial, state farm insurance commercial, and that animated commercial d-rock made up...