Tuesday, April 22, 2008

32 in Orlando


I turned 32 yesterday on a plane flying from Sacramento to Orlando. I had dinner with Nate, our church planting coach and his wife at BJ's. Weird. Got a free pazzoki...word.
Kind of weird not being around family. I had some family and friends call me but it was still kind of weird. I remembered that it was my birthday as Nate and I were driving to the airport. I guess Birthday's become less of a deal as you get old.
All I know is Jesus was crucified when he was 33 so I got some serious work ahead of me this year. I love my life, my family, my friends, my church. Getting old is cool. I'm stoked about this year. Sucky thing is that I threw my back out getting out of bed yesterday...that can't be a good sign.
Conference has been great...I'll blog later on that. Hot tubbin' time!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude you are 32? .....Man I feel old!!

ian said...

happy birthday dude.. sweet hotel art peice behind you there. world class

Topherspoon said...

Happy Birthday Dan, glad to hear your conference experience is going better than my lack of one... I'm enjoying the podcast.

Casey Angulo said...

Happy Birthday Dan. The Lord knows you have told me your birthday enough times, i should have remembered it. Miss you guys.

Swabbythesailor said...

and your welcome for the first call/ conferance call of your birthday.

Anonymous said...

the pazzokis from BJ's are so amazing!!! we had one last weekend when the band palyed in La la land... we didnt get it for free though :( we had to pay 16 bucks for one to share! lame.. have fun man, and happy birthday.

Jason Day said...

Dude 32, Happy Birthday! Jesus says get busy! You have only helped start two churches and positively effected thousands of lives. What's a matter with you? J/K!

Jeff Yoder said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of 32. I've been here now since December. It's grand. I even have started seeing a few grey hairs. Awesome, maybe I'll get some respect...doubt it.

Yoder

B.Rubble said...

32 huh? Well congratulations and here is some fun stuff to look forward too...

Your gray hairs will increase exponentially

You'll begin to grow your own ear muffs

You'll possess the desire to join that football game in the park, but also the wisdom to realize your healing time has also increased, exponentially

Finally...You'll realize you've made yet another trip around the sun. Your frequent orbiter miles are in the mail. Word...

p.s. wth is a pakozzi? Sounds like something a Dr. would use on you, prefferably while sedated, thank you

Josh H. said...

happy birthday. we just got back from vacation and i have a bday present for you! send me your address.