Saturday, March 01, 2008

Wrote a song today

It's been a long time.
Last week I was meeting with the Stirring leadership in the Bethel prayer chapel early in the morning. I watched the sun come up over the mountains and I was reminded that God starts every morning by flooding light into darkness. What a picture of what he is consistently doing in this world. Then I thought of the beating of my heart, reminding me that God is holding everything together. Stuff that is always there but sometimes it just hits you in a huge way. Here's what I wrote.

Cant' hold back the morning

Every morning you arise you flood the earth with light
Reminding us that you will never change
The beating drum within our hearts the rhythm held within your life
Reminding us that you will never change. You will never change

Because when you appear you drive out the fear
And in your light there’s nowhere to hide

Every day the same story Evening can’t hold back the morning
And creation is longing to be bathed in your glory
Everyday the same story Evening can’t hold back the morning
And creation is longing for you

I hope to start recording some things soon. I like how it turned out. It's nice to be writing again.

1 comment:

Erica said...

You did great tonight leading worship. Your testimony was really powerful. I am so thankful that you, Alyssa and fam are here. We love you guys.