Monday, January 28, 2008

Sabbath

Today was great. I was exhausted from last night and Alyssa let me sleep in...she's awesome. Hung out with the kids till it was time for Zeke to go to school. We went to our weekly Monday lunch at Chipotle. He eats rice with a couple bites of chicken and I usually get a chicken bowl. He spilled his water everywhere which was awesome. I took him to school. Went to work out. The whole time I was working out I saw these to homeless women holding signs outside a McDonalds. As I left I asked them if they'd had lunch...they hadn't...we had some lunch. Dawn and Holly. They were sleeping in a tent. They said it was so cold last night that they woke up this morning with wet shoes that had actually frozen to their feet and they had to pry them off with tent stakes. I asked if there was anything specific they needed and they said a sleeping bag. I told em my buddy TJ is collecting bags for people that need them, so I hooked them up with him. I got two big stinky hugs as I left. Came home...took a nap while Sofia was sleeping...went to pick up Zeke. Made our first trip to the mall to exchange some Christmas stuff. Came home for nachos...We're about to put the kids to bed. It's been a good day of rest. Ready to get at it tomorrow!

6 comments:

Dana said...

what a fun day! Good ol' Redding!

Hope preaching was good

TheEpicBeat said...

Dude, if nothing else, thank you for posting the thing about prying the shoes of of frozen feet with tent stakes. I hope that sticks with me for a while.

Shannon Smith said...

I'm jealous. My day was much less interesting.

However, our first Chipotle did open up for business yesterday. I plan to head over there for lunch with a friend who recently moved here from Passadena. He's lovin' that we're going to have Chipotle.

Any suggestions on what to get for lunch?

Shannon Smith said...

I got the chicken bowl. I also got to spin a wheel for prizes and won two free burritos. My friend won a t-shirt that says addict on the front with a picture of a burrito.

The food was tasty. I'll be back for sure.

rev rock said...

The chicken bowl is a good call. I'm usually a veggie burrito guy. Rice, pinto beans, grilled veggies, mild and the hot salsa. Tiny bit of cream cheese and cheese and the guacamole. That's why I've gained back 20 of the 55 pounds I lost.

Anonymous said...

so, i've totally slacked on the sabbaths. i suck. thanks for the reminder.