Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We had 21 peeps tonight at Life Group...

...and two didn't show up. I guess I should watch how excited I get when I talk about community...people are taking it seriously! I think our group is going to be rad. People seem excited to go over the Book of Luke. We are going to go through The Voice of Luke which ties in a lot of context and background to the scriptures. We also talked about this last weekend when I shared and thought of ways that we can include the least in our family. I got a tent for the two homeless women I ran into on Monday. We have someone that helps with a free dental clinic at the shelter twice a week that we might be getting involved with, and we are thinking of ways to contribute to our art and film festival that is raising money for Cypress school (an under resourced elementary school in downtown.) Not bad for two meetings together. I'm really excited about the direction our group is heading. I just hope we can fit everyone in our house!

No comments: