Monday, January 14, 2008

The Redding Sabbath


So we've settled into a little bit of a rhythm here in Redding. Monday's are going to be our Sabbath here. Alyssa let me sleep in this morning because I was pretty wiped out after our gatherings last night...she is awesome. We took a freezing cold walk with the kids. And we are starting a new Monday tradition. Daddy lunches with Zeke. I took him to Chipotle then dropped him off at school. It's a cool time every week that I'm really going to look forward to. Then it was off to the gym...rested at home...picked up Zeke...we have some friends (Patrick and Bethany) bringing us dinner tonight...and we have a video chat date set up with Alyssa's parents tonight with the kids. Great day. Family, friends, food, recreation. I love that God knew we would need times like this on a regular basis to remind us how amazing he is, and to remind us that our ability to work is a gift. I'm glad to have a semi normal schedule going on. How was your day of rest?

2 comments:

lovemyguys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lovemyguys said...

You need to watch yourself, Dan. Your head is starting to look weird....