Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pumped for this Sunday

I get to speak at The Stirring this Sunday. I practiced in my front room today and I think the drywall got saved. I am so excited to share. I'm talking about the power in a broken and poured out life. Jesus calls us into a way of life around a table with bread and wine. He's not just asking us to remember, he inviting us to break our lives open and pour our lives out for others. I got so excited in my living room that I almost lost my voice. I haven't been this excited to share in forever. If you think about it, pray for me on Sunday that God would give me just the right words for this community and that we would except the invitation to this way of life around his table. Thanks.

4 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

I'm equally excited for you to preach. Is there going to be a podcast of some sort so that I can fully enjoy what you are going to share with The Stirring Family? Love you bro...

Christina Ellis said...

YAY! Dan's preaching again! Wish we could be there! Can we get a podcast somewhere, we miss hearing you preach! We miss you!

Shannon Smith said...

Random comment unrelated to your post...

Check out my friend Zack's post. He mentions your old neck of the hood, Riverside.

That podcast idea isn't a bad one. I would like to here that talk. Did some of the ideas come from a session at Isn't She Beautiful?

rev rock said...

you can listen to the podcast here: http://www.thestirring.org/listen.shtml
And yes Shannon, I'm taking a ton of stuff from Rob's talk at "Isn't she beautiful" but what's new.