Friday, October 26, 2007

A nice night to say goodbye

Tonight I said goodbye to Anthem. It started out as a dream about 2 years ago and came to fruition about July of 2006. Tonight was the last show that I will be apart of before I leave for Redding. It was bitter sweet. Anthem was a dream that artists and musicians could find a place to be creative and showcase their God given ability. We always talked about it being a family and I think it really has become that. Alyssa brought Zeke and Sofia and Zeke was flipping out on the front couch when I was playing but I loved it. My son loves music and I can't wait for the day he gets to express himself to the world. I was able to play a short acoustic set which was nice. I got to look back one last time at my faithful friend Ian at the sound board as he brought the love through the speakers as only he can. Seriously Ian..thank you sooo much! You have been right by my side every show helping me set up...do sound...and tear down. I think Anthem is as much your baby as it was mine! Thanks Casey for the planning, calling, emailing and organizing. You've been an amazing hour and a half a week employee :) Josh...thanks for always bringing Caleb to shows and letting my son have a buddy to be obnoxious with. Elizabeth and Micah...thank you for your support of Anthem and always bringing creativity and great work. Damien...your friendship and ability to share your heart with words is amazing. Jenn...your work wasn't too shabby either :) Joel...thanks for being a little genius that makes me really mad at how talented you are. Marissa...thanks for all your help. Your behind the scenes help is priceless. Andrew...your set of music was beautiful tonight. And I can't leave Darryl out of the mix even though he hasn't been around for a while with his new job. Darryl was a huge help in keeping Anthem going. Everyone else...Jon, Daley, Jordan, Jessica, Jim, Lindy, Suzy, Eric and everyone I'm forgetting...thanks for the great memories. Please keep this community alive and kickin!

No comments: