Monday, October 29, 2007

Alyssa's 30th!!!




With the craziness in our lives right now, Alyssa thought she was getting a party for her 30th B-Day and maybe a high five from me. I played it up pretty good that I didn't have anything huge up my sleeves...I got her good! Saturday at noon...Annette opens the door (Alyssa's best friend that recently moved to Santa Cruz)...Alyssa freaks out! I flew her down for three days. Thanks for watching the kids Trav...you the man! Then we had a party for her that night...Lot's of fun...guys cheated in Tri-Bon and won on the last move...did I just give away our secret?
For weeks Alyssa's been complaining that we aren't going to be able to see Wicked (the musical). It's all she really wanted for her b-day. I had her convinced that I didn't get tickets. Even at the party she made 2 or 3 smart comments to friends about how she wasn't going to be able to go. That was only until I leaned over with an envelope with two tickets to Wicked for her and Annette in the 4th row! NAILED IT! (When you read that you have to say it like Andy from "The Office." Anyways...I did good...usually I'm a putz...not much of a romantic...every once in a while I pull something good off...this was one of those times. I love you Alyssa! You are the most extraordinary 30 year old woman on the planet!

1 comment:

Old Skool said...

I heard about the guys cheating in Tri-bond...CLASSIC! Annette is all out of sorts about it because this is the second time the guys have cheated to win a major board game. I told Annette, "It's the girls' fault because they LET themselves be duped...AGAIN! If I fool you once, shame on me. If I fool you twice, shame on YOU!" (my comments didn't go over too well with my wife)