Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The simplicity of keys


The Vespa key, the Saturn key, the church key, the house key. I was able to pair down two keys off my ring yesterday and this new world of simplicity has opened up to me. It's crazy the feeling that two less keys will give you on your key ring. There's been times in my life that I've rocked the rabbit's foot, the color coted keys, the chewed on lanyard, and a swiss army knife...but there is something to the beauty of four keys that open up essentials for day to day life. No fluff...just your typical keyring and four keys. My Vespa key is a little flashy because it's blue and shaped like the letter V. How many keys are in your pocket?

5 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

i have 9 keys that are just for work. for some reason i can't be given one or two that do the job of all 9. dumb.

then i have one car key. on house key for myself. then i have one house key to my bosses house because, like i am now, i house-sit for them often. then two house keys for where i stay in riverside during the week.

i think that's it.

yes, i get stressed out just looking at my king rings. so i can completely relate how it makes you feel to simplify yours.

Unknown said...

I too love the less keys is more theory. 3 keys (house, car and office). The only way I am able to do this though is by keeping multiple key rings. The “I’m going to take the wife’s car” ring, the “I’m at work with my 20 keys to who knows what” ring, and my good old trusty “these are the only 3 I will probably use today” ring. Guess I am just a wannabe.

ian said...

my keyring is modular as well. i remove the car keys when i ride the two wheels.

i realized i have 3 keys dedicated to anti theft... the bully lock for the vespa, the kryptonite laptop lock, and a master lock padlock for lockers. hmm....

ian said...

er, kensington. not kryptonite. although kryptonite is a lock company too.

Anonymous said...

I love key free living thing I just have a car key and a house key. My nephew loves my key ring so much that he takes it some times to which I have a single backup car key for lost keys emergency. On days I travel with the singular key I hope someone is home when I get back otherwise I hang out on the porch and enjoy the unexpected break.