Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The power of a thought

Lately I've been filling my head with so many thoughts, verses, podcasts, songs, books, conversations, blogs and media that I feel it's hard to take away anything that sticks with you. And then the Cobalt Season came through town and threw this phrase into my mind that I can't get out:
Will it be as in my dreams?
Life spilling out of ragged seams?
Where deep roaring rivers start as streams
Carrying peace
That is the power of a song because it can stick in your head and you can fixate on it. Sometimes it sucks because the song that gets in there is Britney Spears "Toxic" but sometimes it something that takes you through the day. I keep listening to this song "Harvest Moon" and it makes me cry. I don't even think I understand the whole thing. I know it's a song about his new born son and being able to see the world through new eyes. The words, melody, the harmony, the warmness of the piano...it does something to me. I guess there is just something in me that really hopes that it's true. I really hope that deep roaring rivers start as streams because we don't see that today in our world. Deep roaring rivers are governed by the loudest voices and largest budgets. We've forgotten the simple power behind the stream combined with other streams. Simple prayers, thoughts, songs, voices in the wilderness that join together with other voices....Carrying peace!
I probably lost you about 30 seconds ago and that ok...sometimes something that make sense to you is hard to articulate to others...I'll stop now.

6 comments:

Penny Lane said...

I get it. :]

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of an article i'm thinking of writing. i wont explain on here because i dont want some of your blog readers who are actual writers to take my idea and make it better.

Aaron Ivey said...

great thoughts...i have just recently been introduced to your blog and enjoy your insight. thanks for sharing. i need to check out Cobalt Season, i guess? haven't heard of them yet. will do! peace.

Anonymous said...

the title first sounded something taken out of the Secret.

Anonymous said...

the Britney Spears comment scares me a little...

rev rock said...

There was a time in my life that I worked at Red Robin and there are Brittany Spears songs that are forever seared into my brain...for better or for worse. If I were the apostle Paul, it would be the thorn in my flesh!