Thursday, February 24, 2011

Treasure moments

I woke up this morning and realized how fast things are changing.
Being the dad of 3 makes you look back and realize that seasons change very quickly.
I'm really wanting to treasure the moments I have right now in my life and write them down so I remember them in the future.

Things I realized this morning:
- Mo will not always climb into my bed with his ice cube feet that find my stomach at 5:30a.m. and lay on top of me and find a way to breathe his awful breath into my face.
- Sofia will not always stick her tongue out and act like shes dying every time we can't understand what she is saying.
- Zeke won't always look at me with a goofy smirk and tell me he loves me 13 times a day.
- Moses will not always fall asleep right next to his door so that you have to bump him with the door 10 times before he wakes up.
- Sofia will not always dance her entire way through dinner. I won't always have to sneak a bite of chicken into her mouth as she's twirling and spinning.
- Zeke will not always decorate every square inch of our house for holidays. He will not always build bow and arrows and fans and peel the paint off his walls for no apparent reason.

All these days will pass. That's why I blog and tweet. Cataloging, remembering, and writing down is a discipline that God has implemented from the beginning of time. It's so easy to forget. Life moves so fast. Treasure the moments!

No comments: