Monday, February 21, 2011

The Sunday Takeaway

Thoughts...behind the scenes...bloopers

Love the set this week...so much joy.
First song was new. No idea what it was called but it was awesome. If I were a bettin' man I'd say it was called Deep Waters.

Child Dedications in the morning were awesome. So much new life in our church...love it.
Something special about the Stirring surrounding these families committing to be a part of the journey for these little ones!

I got up and called a bank shot! That was crazy. I had a dream the night before and then God started speaking to me about what he wants to do and the dreams he has for us as a community. We are preparing for $145,000 offering to pay for some of the expenses in our new space and it was clear that God was saying we weren't dreaming big enough. $145,000 is a manageable and well thought through amount, but I was reminded that God's dreams don't have budgets! So we're asking for the whole thing. Let's pay off the whole building before the first day we move in. Nothing is impossible with God. 2.25 million. I'm calling it...bank shot! We need more testimony of God doing the impossible not people celebrating manageable budgets.

Nate's message was so needed for our community. We are trying to build a culture where every dating and married couple are surrounded in community, covered by older couples, and have a plan. I think it created great language for us to ask every couple that comes into our church. Don't disappear in your dating. We don't want a like, unlike option to your engagement on facebook or an invitation to your wedding as an event. We want to be a part of the journey.
From the first date to the final breath couples should be deeply planted and protected in community. (that's without my notes but I'm pretty sure after 3 gatherings I have it memorized :)

Funny moment: Nate talking about the next series we're starting and he says the church is in Deep Shift! Everyone is cracking up and he's playing it straight like he has no idea...classic.

Favorite moment of the day: Josiah leaving his keyboard at night, grabbing his mic and gettin' his joy of the Lord on! It was awesome. He brings much needed joy to our church.

What a great day.
I'd love to hear your takeaway!

No comments: