Thursday, February 17, 2011

The good ol' days

Prepare yourself for a nauseating trip down memory lane...Don't worry, I don't do this very often!

Everything in my life right now costs a lot of money.
- I'm overseeing a 2 million dollar project at the Stirring, getting us into our new space.
- I'm building teams for a 5K run and walk fundraiser that we are looking to raise $50,000.
- I have a monthly grocery bill that's inching toward $500.
- I just spent $30 on a haircut for a dog that I don't even like.
- I own a aqua blue Toyota Echo that has a salvaged title :)

I just found myself reliving the days that we would put $2 of gas in Aaron's bug and drive to Newport for the day...eat a budget meal at Bakers for $2 and go see the Prayer Chain that night for $3. Seems like a long time ago. Livin' in my parents garage, eating all their food, mowing lawns so I could scrape together enough money to go to shows and buy crappy guitar gear.

Now I have 2 mortgages and 9 columns in a ledger for my savings account (thanks mom).
Just a different time in life.
Trying to enjoy every season!

No comments: