Saturday, January 29, 2011

Leadership

After starting the day off with framing at the new space, I headed over to Risen King for a training on leadership. Dave Kraft is the man...check out his book.
It's an interesting season of my life but I find myself consumed with issues of leadership.

Here's a list of what I know in no particular order:
I have a lot to learn.
I really need to grow as a leader.
I have an amazing wife that supports and encourages me.
I desperately need God.
I have a great team around me.
I wish it was clearer.
I get overwhelmed with the great responsibility that I've been given at times.
I need to read more.
I really value the input of those that have been further down the road then I am.

In the midst of all my insecurities there are moments of great spirit-filled confidence when I know I am operating out of my God given passion and competency. I'm trusting as I grow in my leadership that these moments will become more frequent. For those of you that are on this journey with me I thank you for putting up with the craziness and messyness of figuring all of this out. It's a wild ride and I plan on enjoying every minute!

No comments: