Saturday, October 18, 2008

I miss my family

Tonight I watched the Redding fireworks for the first time. They got postponed because of the fires earlier this year. They were amazing...hands down...best fireworks I've seen!
But it was bitter sweet.
I wasn't holding Zeke in my lap for them.
Fireworks and Zeke have a love / hate relationship.
He will scream and yell and punch you in the face and put his hands over his ears and shake uncontrollably during the fireworks but the minute they are over he will talk about them till next July 4th. If you don't know my son this might sound weird.
There were tons of kids around and I would of loved to have my family there.
Instead I was sitting next to the Gafners and a lady that was having an interactive worship service during the show. My favorite line to come out of her mouth was, "Father God, America blesses you with our fireworks...praise Jesus!"
I seriously can't make stuff like that up...ask the Gafners...classic.
Come home family...I miss you!

3 comments:

La Rodriga said...

Thank you for a laugh first thing in the morning. Aaah...wish I could have witnessed the worship service for the fireworks firsthand. Wow....that is classic.

Jenna said...

I love your kids.

Anonymous said...

why have you become such a girl.