Friday, August 29, 2008

Have you been with Jesus?

Acts 4:13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.


Man I want people to take note of that in my life. "There is absolutely nothing special about that Dan guy but crazy stuff happens around him all the time. I've heard he hangs out with Jesus a lot." Just one time I'd love to hear that!

Peter and John had just healed this guy that was lame since birth. How crazy is that? Why can't we really feel the weight of that today. Sometimes I read over scripture so quickly that events like that don't round house kick me in the face like they should.

Have I been with Jesus?

Have I asked God for anything this week that was impossible to pull off on my own strength?

Crap!

6 comments:

JUAN said...

this compliments the word I got from God the other day. :)

Anonymous said...

Id start off with being a nicer guy. People wont look, or see God if they cant stand your personality/attitude.
people want to be "deep" but its not a deep issue.
If people cant stand being around you, it doesnt matter who you are walking with.
Just a thought. This is a blog. Freedom of speech without having to be accountable for it.

JUAN said...

Hey anonymous....

are you saying Dan isn't a nice guy? Are you serious?

What is a "nice" guy, wise guy?

Klein said...

My favorite verse/verses over the past 6 months.

Intimacy trumps study every day of the week.

J.W. Richmond said...

I just tried to email you regarding Ediger 309 - Redding... 10 years ago... ( I know, I'm seriously out of the loop), but your email bounced back. I attended Shasta and worked with Youth for Christ while Ediger 309 (later Ember) was at Simpson, and would love to chat if possible.

Cory Eighan said...

I asked God to give me the ability to fly tonight...but I was too scared to jump off my friend's second story patio...