Saturday, August 30, 2008

Can't a guy just watch an episode of Hero's?

I vow to only have one post a day about how my kids are systematically breaking down my will to live. I seriously think they've come up with an intricate system of walkie talkies an in ear pieces to pull this off. Scenario...
"Mom and dad are trying to sit down for dinner...man your stations...
Zeke, throw a fit about how the chicken enchilada doesn't look like "normal" chicken.
Sofia, climb on the table, ask to eat on everyone's lap, then go and harass your brother in his swing.
Que screaming from the swing Moses, and throw in a blowout in your diaper."
Scenario 2...
"Ok guys it's bedtime...Sofia, your roll tonight is to scream your head off for 45 minutes in your room as soon as you get put down...Zeke is going to master the I'm scared of something routine that was seriously an Oscar worthy performance...and Moses...act cool until mom and dad try to watch Hero's and then scream like your life is ending...and blow out your shorts on a consistent 30 minute basis."
"Does everyone understand their role?"
"If we exsecute this plan to perfection...mom and dad might actually go to the looney bin and we will have the house to ourselves!"
"Moses...it's been 2 hours and mom and dad are trying to sleep...you know what to do!"
Sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from cryin'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what do you think would happen if Mom and Dad started acting like the kids? Would they laugh and then forget how they were acting, or I guess it could backfire and they could act worse?! But maybe it would benefit the parents more!!!
Just a thought. I'm praying for you guys. Lots of love and miss you!
Krista

Welcoming Counsel said...

Hey man thanks for the warm welcoming. I haven't figured out how to link to your sight yet but I am sure with yours and Rob's training I will do alright. You and Alyssa are amazing parents I love your posts on your family it makes me feel like I am a part.
My prayers are with you...

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

I love it...absolutely love it!! I guess it could be worse. At least it is just one kid with blow outs every 30 mins

Leah said...

This doesn't really help your situation, but I just want you to know that it is so encouraging to hear that other people are struggling to maintain their sanity, too! Sometimes you start to wonder if it's just you and then you hear stories like this and you just smile and say, "Wow, my kids are not the only ones wreaking havoc on my will to live." I will be praying for you guys to maintain until things start settling down. And they will, trust me, they will. Just try to keep that impulse to choke your kids under control... :)

TheEpicBeat said...

Dude...such wisdom and truth.

When it's like 10pm and mine are both awake and pissed, I just want to scream at them,"what do you have to be mad about...we take care of your every need...we are all about you! Give me a freaking break and let me go watch "Psych."

Topherspoon said...

Oh I miss chill'n on your porch. All these miles between us and you are still living my life with different names and scenery. It does get better. I'm hopeful we almost have number three out of diapers. Don't grow weary in well doing, huh? Thanks for Blogging the narrative and keep'n it real.