Friday, June 06, 2008

Keepin' it real at Starbucks

So I'm spending my usual morning ritual at Starbucks. I rode here this morning and I'm sweatin' like a stuck pig! Back to my point.
I love people that have no clue what they are doing at Starbucks. This lady is in line in front of me and she asks for a small hot chocolate. The guy behind the register says, "one tall hot chocolate comin' up." She says, "No, you didn't hear me...I said a SMALL hot chocolate." I love it...keepin' it real. That's right arrogant Starbucks barista dude...not everyone in the world speaks Italian when they're ordering coffee!
Nothin' but love to Starbucks and their employees. Your tall Americano with no room has stolen my heart. You just need some ordinary folk that come through every once in a while and keep you in check.

2 comments:

Josh H. said...

just to bust...
i speak "starbucks" when calling a drink over to the bar person. i always know what people mean when they say medium or small but when i call it over i will speak starbucks. i would have slapped that woman across the face with my black apron and said "whats up now holmes?" :)
back off dan! :)

Anonymous said...

We do have short Hot Chocolates but they are for kids... so tall is usually the small when it comes to grumpy old ladies who count their change out on the counter when you have a line to the door...I am sorry did she just pull out a hundred penny's???