Friday, May 23, 2008

Tomorrow is the day...


...I'm becoming a bike man. I've looked at quite a few bikes now and I've saved up my pennies from my b-day. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a Lager like this one. I took one for a spin today and really liked it. I really want a road bike that I can take to work and get around town on. Let me know if you've seen any sweet deals around. I've been checking Craigslist like crazy but nothin' so far. I know you can take an old 10 speed and turn it into a fixed gear or single speed but everyone knows I'm not that smart. If you see me around town make sure you honk, point and laugh at me. I'll be the sweaty bald guy with really weird facial hair. Anyone up for a ride?

10 comments:

jered said...

I don't know much about them. I have a lower end Cannondale I bought in 1999 and still use. There are a few stores (I'd recommend Chain Gang or Village Cycle) in town with real knowledgeable folks that can probably point you in the right direction on modifying something, though.

TheEpicBeat said...

Safety helmet on....white tennis shoes...

You say, I told you so...you were much too young to get married...

I say, you're way too old...
and when'd you stop living anyway...

(A cookie and some respect to the first person other than Dan who knows this song)

Josh H. said...

all you need is a paper route and you're set! :)

rev rock said...

Hagquist...you know that song...you were roommates with Balmer...unbelievable.

ian said...

plankeye.. derr...

ian said...

im partial to these...

Shannon said...

Let them laugh...you won't be the guy paying 5 bucks a gallon....see who is laughing then!

pedronegro said...

I will go on a ride anytime. If you find a frame I am more than willing to fix it up for you. And if you do get the Lager from Village Cycle ask for Justin he is a friend of mine and a great guy.

jered said...

I was a little more partial to these lyrics ...

Screwtape smiles
tries my trials

Josh H. said...

don't bust on the prayer chain...and if you do you can only bust on tim taber being such a wuss.