Tuesday, May 13, 2008

God cares about my health

So yesterday I decide to get serious about getting back in shape. This morning I wake up to an alarm...go outside for a walk...have no idea where to go...turn left out of my house....then right...seven minutes of walking through new housing development...stumble upon Clover Creek preserve (a beautiful 30 minute paved walk through a huge clearing and around a couple ponds)...I love being out in nature when I hang with God on walks.
As I was coming back to my house I just thanked God for caring enough about my health to give me a sweet place to walk and meet with him that is right around the corner from my house. Sometimes you need some sweet incentive like that when you're starting back into a routine. God is good...my legs are burning.

3 comments:

jered said...

Good for you, Dan. I'm right with you on the exercise front, and we live near Clover Creek, too. It's awesome.

B.Rubble said...

Hmmm, nature preserve you say? Directions my man, directions I say

Mike Cunningham said...

Clover Creek is awesome. I'm there almost every day biking or running. A great place to hang out with God!