Monday, February 04, 2008

Last night...

...was so much fun at the Stirring. I posted some thoughts here. I was leading worship at the 7 o'clock gathering and we ended with the song, "God of Justice" by Tim Hughes. It was the first time a lot of people had heard the song but they were really diggin' it. We kept the music going and I was singing and all of a sudden I look down and Nate hands his handheld mic to Jake. Nate gives me the keep playing look (you've gotta be a musician to know that look!) Jake starts bustin' into "The enemy has been defeated" by Hillsong. It was amazing. The song had the same chords...he realizes it...the message is perfect with what Nate has been talking about...so he starts leading everyone from the front row...it was awesome!
Then we have this older gentleman that has been coming to the Stirring that gets up to pray. He has been meeting with us about his heart for Ghana. He's from Ghana himself and his prayer was ridiculous. It was one of those times that no one plans for but turns out better than something we could of planned out for 30 years. Great night.

1 comment:

Emily Faulknor said...

Dang! I am so sorry I missed that! I had to leave half way into the second service. God is awesome and I am so grateful to hear how He moved. Thanks for sharing. See you at Life group!