Thursday, January 03, 2008

We made it!!!



9 hours and 45 minutes. Beat that Trav!
2 adults, 2 kids, 1 dog, 4 bags and 1 stroller strapped to the top, all available space utilized...
2 stops (Paso Robles, Woodland...represent Sam Boone)
Dog only puked once!
2 videos (Cars and Baby Einstein)
MVP of the trip...Sofia (she did amazing)
Most questions of the trip...Zeke (54,239) Most common question...why is Redding so far away?
Coolest thing that happened on the trip...We stop at a Quiznos in Woodland and Bill Russell (the basketball hall of fame player, not the cop) walks in. He had to duck to get through the front door. If I was my brother I would have got an autograph and picture, but I just watched him order and blogged about it.
We are here...finally...feels good to be settling in.
Come on up and visit...the Lance bed and breakfast is officially open for business!

4 comments:

TheEpicBeat said...

You guys look like you were packed in there. The Vue is a superior automobile with lots of room to cram your crap.

It is so superior that Steve and Karen have now joined the fleet of silver early 2000's Vues. We could get jackets made...

Dana said...

YAY! I am so glad you guys are in Redding...maybe i will run into you. I will be up here until Saturday. Then back to LA for a week then off to NZ.

Glad you made it in record time with 2 kids and a dog!

Anonymous said...

glad you guys made it safe. nice pack job on the van

Anonymous said...

I got a great Bill Russell story for you. I'll tell you about it when i'm down in redding. There always seem to be odd spottings of Mr. Russell. "I asked him for his 11 ring since he only has ten fingers'