Sunday, January 06, 2008

Watched three hours of the debates last night


I couldn't imagine the pressure these candidates face with the issues facing us as a nation right now. Terrorism, billions of dollars spent on war, rising gas prices, a crumbling health care, global warming epidemic, energy crisis, terrible situations in education, people ready to build walls and sniper illegal immigrants, homeland security issues, and the list goes on...
The debate was pretty heated last night. A lot of attacks and a lot of defense. Romney and Clinton were getting beat up pretty bad and countered with some red faced political jujitsu. I still love Obama, thought he countered arguments well. Edwards was really passionate and well spoken. It's just funny when a guy with ridiculous amounts of wealth is constantly talking about fighting for the middle class. Clinton was sticking to her experience card but didn't get too specific about what that experience entailed. Seemed like see was trying to knock Obama down most of the night. Richardson actually said some good things but no one is voting for that dude. McCain seemed to hold himself together pretty well on the Republican side. Huckabee had a few good things to say. I felt like punching Guliani in the face. Ron Paul is awesome but his views are so extreme that no one will ever take him seriously.
All in all it was a very interesting debate. Ultimately the Kingdom of God needs to advance in the homes and neighborhoods of those that follow Jesus. That is God's plan for bringing the world to rights. He doesn't need governments and politicians. But this system is a reality that we live in so having leadership that has their head on straight would certainly be helpful. I know you're not supposed to talk about politics but I figure it is going to saturate life in 2008 so I thought I'd see what you think. Be nice!

3 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

I watched a little of the debates, too. I agree Ron Paul was awesome. He definitely stood out from all the other guys up there. It's too bad that because he doesn't play by the rules that he will never get elected.

I don't know enough about all the other candidates to choose one, but for some reason I like Obama.

TimB said...

I didn't see the debates but I was excited by Obama's win in Iowa. I know he wants to take our guns and kill little babies but I think the guy presents a positive message that is very appealing. I haven't changed my registration yet but we'll see.

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

I know I'm getting older when I care about presidential debates ;). Richardson did have some good things to say but I feel bad for the guy because when he talks it's like listening to my brother, not a president. Obama and Edwards were like long lost bros up there and Clinton...This is just my take; she has great things to say but I get the feeling that she is fighting harder because maybe she feels like she isn't taken seriously. I missed the Elephants so I don't have anything to say about them