Friday, January 11, 2008

Things you see in Redding (part 1)

I'm thinking about starting a little mini series of posts containing "Things you see in Redding that you wouldn't necessarily see in Riverside." These post will contain a little stereotyping but it is all in love. I just want my Riverside peeps to get a better understanding of the place that I now reside.
#1 Just saw a mom in pajamas (not like...oh, those could go either way...these were pajamas) pushing her baby in a stroller in the bike lane of a busy street, smoking a cigarette. Went to fast for me to take a picture.
#2 Dudes in the grocery store with their shirts off. Not so much now when it's freezing but I definitely remember this from before during the summer. I seem to remember mullets as well. I'll try to grab some pictures for you in the future.
I love the things that make my town unique! I'll keep you posted on new sightings of Redding goodness.

4 comments:

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

My nephew lives there and I've been in Redding aplenty..... or I would think you are in a low life town from what you just posted. Sounds like you have caught glimpses of "certain areas" just like you could here in Riverside. Just the things that color our world and make it so rich. :) Keep on smiling and loving all people on this earth God created. Glad you love where you've chosen to plant yourselves... we'll be missing you guys way up there!

escamillaweddings said...

i thought britney was in rehab, not redding? :)

not much surpises me when out on the streets...but then again i grew up in san berdoo.

lookin forward to pics!

Aaron Ivey said...

um, yeah...we're definitely going to need some photos!!

jered said...

The alternate title for those of us in Redding would be "normal things in Redding that you would miss if you moved to Riverside."