Saturday, January 26, 2008

Good times

So last night we have a gathering at my house with some people that want to get a better understanding of the Stirring community. So Nate (no blog yet???) and his wife Erica (great blog) come over and we have a group of us hangin' out in our living room. For some odd reason we bring up the word placebo in a story. It becomes painfully obvious that Nate does not know what the word means when I call him on it and he says..."oh yeah, like in that song that the band Live sings." Immediately I knew what he was referring to and I said, "actually, that's not even close to what placebo means and things just got weird!" Here's the lyrics to the song. The word is the second word in the second line of the song. I'm pretty sure that's not a placebo!
Nate turned red and I died with laughter. Good times!

3 comments:

ThePuertoRicanSlant said...

LOL...that is great! Her Placebo falls to the floor...Ha!
How do you make your Americano at St. Arbucks? Want to try a new drink...

Dana said...

That is AWESOME!!! I am laughing out loud here in NZ picturing that whole scene...you laughing at Nathan and nathan turning red.

Though I have been on the "being laughed at by Dan end" before (all in love of course) so I can empathize with poor Nathan!

TimB said...

I was kinda grossed out when they put the placebo in the pan to check it after Abigail was born. It turns out it was really nothing.