Thursday, December 27, 2007

My gramps


This is my grandpa. He is an amazing man. This was his second Christmas without my grandma and I know it's extremely hard for him. He's lived a great life and he's said on more than one occasion that he is ready to go. Whenever we get around a table as a family to have dinner he prays and it always moves me. My grandpa knows Jesus. When he talks to him you can hear the relationship come through. I hope at the end of my life my grandkids know that I have a real relationship with Jesus. One that doesn't just show up at church every week and pray at meals. But a relationship that gives my life away to my family and friends and the least. It's pretty powerful to have an entire family around a table that follows Jesus. Because you know it has a lot to do with the old guy at the end of the table and the prayers of his incredible wife. I know you'll never read my blog grandpa, but thanks for the example you've shown me my whole life of how to follow Jesus!