Thursday, December 06, 2007

The bacholer life

It's been really weird living in Redding without my family.

Normal rhythm of my life:
Wake up 6:30-7am (get kids ready)
Go to work
Come home (hang with Alyssa and kids)
Dinner
Put kids down
Hang with wife
Bed at 11pm

Redding rhythm of life:
Wake up 8:30-9am
Get something done on the house
Spend some time with someone from the Stirring
Have lunch with someone from the Stirring
Go by the office, hang with Nate
Try to find internet so I can video chat with Alyssa
Dinner at someone's house from the Stirring
Go to someone's Life Group
Watch a movie
bed at 12:30pm

I hate not having my family up here but it has allowed me to meet a ton of new people and meet with a bunch of Life Groups and leaders. Being in a house all by yourself sucks! I miss my wife and kids like you wouldn't believe. I need to accept that life is going to be weird till January 3rd. I get impatient, but there is a ton to learn during this time. I'll keep you posted as I find wireless around the city. Friday I get internet at the house! God is amazing. Someone needs to rent our house in Riverside...pray.

5 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

i wish i could rent your house.
i'd take it in a hot minute!

sounds like great relationships are already being built - that's grandios stuff danny boy. so excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

if the price were right we'd be all over that too... just lower it 400 dollars and we're good.. :P

Dana said...

Man that sucks Dan! What a great attitude you have even in the midst of it. I am just so excited for you guys and am praying for these next few weeks!

Please Please Please enjoy no traffic for me tomorrow as you drive around....I don't think I can get out of traffic soon enough...only 5 more weeks and I am off to New Zealand!

Melissa said...

I have a friend looking for a new place. How much is the rent?

TimB said...

I feel your pain of the bachelor life. When Tab and the kids are gone, I have fun for about the first 3 hours and then I start wandering aimlessly around the house.