Monday, October 22, 2007

Your friendly neighborhood city counselmen


Here's a picture of our front yard. Normally I'm not a "put a sign in front of your house" kind of guy. But I went to Poly with this guy and the things I've read from him are pretty cool. Plus I think the campaign that Art Gage is running against him is pretty ridiculous because he sends out a "smear" ad against Rusty every other day. So they came through the neighborhood and asked if I'd like a sign in and I said sure. Three days later I open the front door and Rusty is there by himself with the sign in his hand. He said he knew me and a little about what I'm doing at the Grove, and that he was excited about us being willing to support him. He hung out with Zeke for a few minutes in the front yard answering his ridiculous amount of questions, and was genuinely nice to us. Amazing. I was sold after that. Good guy. Thought I'd pass on the love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you moving before your vote counts? ;)

Anonymous said...

My family has been friends with the Bailey's since BEFORE I was born over 28 years ago. Thank you for supporting him! You're right, Gage is a not playing it cool... ;-)

TheEpicBeat said...

Dude, how weird is it that the people we were in high school with are the ones we vote for for city council. The city council is a bunch of old guys...now we are old guys.

Anonymous said...

He showed up at my house the other day too, just to chat. I was in his class my senior year. I wasn't a big fan of the class, but Rusty is really a cool guy.