Sunday, October 14, 2007

Crazy Sabbath


So Sabbath really wasn't a reality this week. It all started with Friday.
Woke up at 5:30am to go golfing with my bro, pops, and a group of others. Played 18 holes really fast and decided to play an additional 9. Got home...took a shower...went to church and set up for Anthem show. Put the show on (great by the way) got home by 11:30pm.
Saturday (usually Sabbath day) I hung out with the kids from 9am-3pm. Alyssa was out shopping with her mom and sister for her B-day. It was good times being with the kids but it's never restful when you're parenting by yourself. It just seems like you're constantly on the go. When Alyssa got home we spent an hour together and then I took off with Steve (no blog...seriously) to go see our friends in the Myraid (see picture) play at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. They were opening up for Phil Wickam and The David Crowder Band. Awesome show...hung out late...got home at 2:45am.
Sunday got up at 6:45am to head down to church to prepare for the young married class. Taught the class (Luke 4) at 9am...went to service at 10:45...went to lunch with my folks...came home and crashed...it's 4:28pm and I'm blogging about my crazy weekend.
Super busy...really fun...not very restful...but still good.
I got my blog buddy blogging about his Sabbath now. We should start a revolution of bloggers that dedicate a day to the Lord and share their experience on a weekly basis. Anyone interested? It takes having to slow down...sound good...let me know.
It would be something consistent to post every week whether you pull it off or not (for example...me this week). For my blog compatriots that are living the Jesus way...Sabbath isn't something that is suggested...it should mark all of our lives as a sign of freedom to the rest of the world....anyone???

4 comments:

Old Skool said...

John Young (top right) and I played on the Simpson Volleyball team together! Yesterday for our Sabbath, we loaded up the bikes and took the family to Monterrey...ate lunch at a park...rode the bikes to Cannery Row for ice cream at Ghirardheli's...rode back to Dennis the Menace Park...came home and I set up my sister Vicki's bed from IKEA. Great day.

Welcoming Counsel said...

I bumped into to these guys at a gas station in the middle of nowhere Ohio. I need to go see there show here in Seattle when the come around again.

Topherspoon said...

I'm hurt you haven't noticed my sabbath updates, but I'm in. Begin the revolution,

Aaron Ivey said...

i am in.