Friday, September 14, 2007

I forgot about this


Brian just sent me this picture from my first trip to New Orleans. This was in January after Katrina. This was taken on our tour of the devastation. I was going to take this guitar home but it was infested with termites. Little things like this really reminded me that people lost everything. Every single thing that made up who they were. If I were to lose my Tophat amp or Reverend in a hurricane I would be beside myself. And when you think of everything else people lost this is something so small. Thanks Brian for sending this to me. I have great memories of that trip. I think we really became friends that week. It's funny what happens when you rip moldy drywall out of a house next to someone all day.

1 comment:

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

I came across your site through the ivey's. I'm from New Orleans. Thanks for the reflection. You have no idea. Forget the stuff though...just leave the friends, school, church, life you once knew and try to make a new life. Thank God for God.