Sunday, August 19, 2007

Busy Sabbath

Yesterday during my day of rest I got over to my friends Steve and Karen's house at 7am to start painting in their new house that they are moving into. Went home for an hour to be with the fam, went back to painting when they took a nap. Came home, showered, went to church for a young married game night (that I planned on my Sabbath...go figure), got them started then left to go to dinner with my parents and our close friends from Texas (the Gores). Got home...watched some Survivorman (he has to do when there are only reruns of Man vs. Wild), and crashed.
So needless to say it wasn't much of a day of rest. But I have plans to chill today so I'm looking forward to that. Bill Risinger is teaching for the last time at the Grove today...I'm really bummed that he's leaving but I'm happy for him because I know it's really where God wants him to be!
How was your day of rest?

3 comments:

Topherspoon said...

I slept for hours. Didn't seem like enough. I'm gonna try to rest and do laundry on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for spending you chill day in a not-so-chill way. We don't know how to thank you and the Mrs.--how about some Thai Bay love sometime soon? Karen

rev rock said...

no Thai Bay required Karen. I had a good time painting. There's something fun about working on someone else's house because you can accomplish something and then walk away from it. You and Steve have paid it back many times over in the past!