Sunday, July 01, 2007

Week 3: Sabbath

No phone...and no messages on Sunday!
No computer...no blogs
Got up...mowed the lawn. Would of done it on Friday but I forgot to turn the sprinklers off on Thursday night. Plus Alyssa was hinting that we were becoming "those" neighbors. Not exactly sure what that meant but I knew I had to mow the lawn on Saturday.
After that the day was great.
Went to the in laws to celebrate a nephew's b-day. Good grub...pool...and a nap by the pool.
Came home...took another nap. Got up...made dinner with Alyssa, went on a walk with Zeke, read my book, watched two episodes of Curb your enthusiasm. Great Sabbath.
Lawn, BBQ, pool, nap, dinner, walk, read, tv. Thanks for keeping me accountable to a sustainable life. I think about having to blog to all of you and it helps me make decisions when I want to accomplish on my Saturdays! Did you get a day this week to rest?

1 comment:

Topherspoon said...

I actuallly got two. Yesterday I got up and played some Karoke Revolution, read some blogs, made lunch for myself and three kids(grilled cheese and tomato soup with whole grain fishy crackers, and). In laws dropped in for a visit and we played more karoke revolution before going to watch some minor league baseball. The RC Quakes lost an 8 run lead to the 66ers. This keeps them rock solid at the bottom of their league. Win or lose, three kids, one "tia", the wife and I, + free minor league baseball giveaways = a good ending to a great Sabbath.

Thanks for asking. Now I also took last Monday off. Do I get charged like a sabbath overage for that or can I use my carry over sabbaths?