Sunday, June 24, 2007

Week 2: Sabbath

I figured it might be cool to unpack my Sabbath for y'all every week as a way of accountability to make sure my life stays in balance. It's something that I really value so this will become a little tradition here on RevRock until I get sick of it (so expect at least one more post about this) Here's how it went down:
Cell phone stayed off...Turned it on this morning...three messages...nothing important...the world continued to spin on it's axis.
Didn't blog, although I looked at a few.
Woke up to the sound of my dog going crazy at 7am...wife forgot to inform me that her dad was coming over to help me set my sink in the bathroom. So I started my Sabbath with work...awesome! Or should I say Bob was working and I was running back and forth to Home Depot 3 times on my Vespa. BTW...you get some awesome looks when you roll into Home Depot on a mint green Vespa with basketball shorts on.
Met up with the Dunlaps and Jen O'farrell for our new ritual at the farmers market in downtown Riverside. Ended up at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for some joe and great conversation. Most of it hinging on talk about the new episode of Man vs. Wild on Discovery Channel...awesome!
Went home...played with Zeke...took him to my grandpa's...helped my brother move his 900 lbs. TV...put Zeke down for nap...picked up Adam's bass and started to learn a bunch of Ann Lynn songs. I'm playing bass for them at the next Anthem show coming up this Friday...Zeke woke up...went to pick up our free tree that you get from your utilities bill (we got a lemon tree)...came home and shop vacked the back of the Saturn to get rid of the crap smell from the fertilizer...got in crazy cleaning mode and washed the Saturn, Vespa and truck...side note: I'm trying to sell my truck if you're interested (1997 Dodge Ram 2500, 125,000 miles)...peeled off the embarrassing pink stripe that I've had on my truck since I've owned it (a long time coming)...Alyssa had an Alberto's craving which never happens so I jumped on that and grabbed her a bean and cheese burrito and I grabbed the carne asada burrito...10 minutes later I was doing business on the toilet...Alberto's never disappoints!...threw in first season of Curb your Enthusiasm and cracked up then went to bed. Good day. Did some work on my Sabbath but it was fun stuff with family...I'm trying not to make this legalistic...Did you get a Sabbath this week?

1 comment:

escamillaweddings said...

sometimes i feel like no one would care to hear about all the details that go into one day of my life, but i enjoy reading about your sabbath days. it's also encouraging to me to remember to take part in my own.

another reason i need to move to riverside...saturday morning farmers market. yup.