Friday, June 15, 2007

No blogs on Saturday

I'm getting closer to blogging everyday and I have really enjoyed it. I feel like I'm finding the time and finding my niche but I've decided the computer is staying shut off on Saturday's. I'm also turning off my cell phone on Saturday's. I've really been trying to be more purposeful with keeping my Sabbath with my family. I'm starting a Sabbath series in three weeks at the Grove and I pretty much suck at it most of the time. The nature of my job keeps me way too busy and I'm pretty sick of it. I'm convinced that I think I'm a lot more important than I really am. I have delusions of grandeur that say "what will people do if they don't get a blog post from my for the day?" Can people really survive without seeing ridiculous signs on buildings that look like businesses are promoting kids sex changes? We'll have to see. We also have these ridiculous thoughts about our cell phones like if someone can't get a hold of me the world would be on the verge of collapse. I got my first cell phone in college and I did just fine up to that point. I am not that important and if the world is ending and I need to know about it, drive over to my house and tell me! I'll be here with Alyssa, Zeke, and Sofia (pretty soon) and we'll be reading books and playing in the back yard. I'm convinced that if we can't get what we need done in six days then: 1) we aren't working hard enough in the six days we do work 2) We are working too much and need to slow down, or 3) we've got a better plan for our life than the creator of the universe. Do you have any time to rest?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you got me to wondering?

lets start with the stats:
I have had a cell phone in my hand, pocket or nearby since 1993.
14 years
5110 days
12 models of phones

As of today June 16th 8:38 am, my phone stats for June are
34:12:17 Talk Time
54:56 Data Time -- and I am not a phone talker or all that social!

I think your wrong, the world very well may end if I turn off my phone for sure there is going to be a group of people that freak out and run around in circles, screaming and randomly doing weird crap....
SO at 9 am I will shut off my phone and test your theory, so everyone quickly care of your business because the world may end exactly at 9:00 on June 16 2007

Topherspoon said...

Okaay, Yeah... So it's saturday. Can I make a comment or will that not be appreciated? Now you got me all conflicted. I'm not going to say anything else. I'm getting in the van and taking Leah, Isaac, Olivia, and Abigail to watch Basketball. Go Diablos!

Topherspoon said...

Sorry... Sorry... Sorry... You could write an extra post each Friday to replace the one you will not be making on Saturday. On my way to the mini van!

ian said...

made you look

rev rock said...

There was a noticeable disturbance in the force on June 16th at 9am.