Sunday, June 10, 2007

Goin' to hear Damien throw down


My buddy Damien is preaching this morning at Bridges so I'm gonna go check it out. He's got the whole John the Baptist beard thing goin' now so I'm expectin' some throw down, turn or burn material! For all of you that know Damien he is a great thinker and I am greatly encouraged by the way he and his wife Jen follow Jesus. The funny thing is that when you're a pastor and you go to another church were you know a lot of people it's always really weird. Everyone looks at you like...why in the world is he here?...Isn't he...I wonder why...I heard someone say...It's a lot of good times. I'm thinking about wearing some Grouchy Marx glasses. I'm not making fun of Damien's church, every church is like this. Why is that? Why are we so territorial? There's this feeling like, "Hey...I took a pee on this property, go back to your side or town." Who knows, I might be proved wrong. I just wish we could all get along better. I'm praying for you Damien.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur. It reminds me of when kids my age say they go to Harvest or Mag Ave and then you see some overflow kid say, "pshhh... The Grove is better..." O brother... Like you said, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? It shouldn't matter which building you go to, nor the name of your church, we are all in this together!

rev rock said...

I was right...Damien threw down...good job my friend!