Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Fast from your car....please!!!!


So Alyssa and I are leaving in two weeks to go to Kyrgyzstan to bring home our little girl Sofia. The flights there and back are ridiculous (20 hours in the air, both ways). I know that much time in an airplane is terrible for the environment so I'd like you all to contribute to our trip in a way that you might not of thought about. If you could fast from taking your car to work for a day or two while we are gone it would be awesome. It would intentionally make you think about us as your walking or sweating on a bike to work or waiting at a bus stop or crammed into a carpool...but it would also help us offset the pollution we are putting into the air because of our trip.
I'm up to about 60 different people a day that come by Rev Rock to hang out for a couple minutes. How cool would it be if we could get 60 comments and people willing to do this. Let's make the goal 50. That means 50 individuals or 10 people that will go without their car for 5 days. Hopefully this will be a cool way for you to contribute to our trip. It would also let you tell your co-workers about adoption and ways that we can help the environment. I've never used the blog world to ban together for a good purpose so hopefully this isn't a bust!
If you'd like to donate some money for the orphanage you can send money to Dan Lance at 19900 Grove Community Dr. Riverside, CA 92508. (that's my work address so you can't come stalk my house!) We really want to purchase diapers and formula once we get over there for the orphanage. This is something that they have a great need for. Just write orphanage in the memo line of the check so I don't think it's for me and spend it on Lotto tickets :)
Comment if you're going to fast from your car!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

the inconvenient truth is so inconvenient.

Anonymous said...

i dont have a bike, but i will pledge a whole week of riding the scoot, which is 70 MPG, is that good? you and alyssa will be in our prayers and i love these little tangible ways of reminding us to band together.

Anonymous said...

Are we more powerful than God then?

Old Skool said...

Spoken like someone from NorCAL!!! Annette and I like your blog, and we don't know what to do with ourselves on Saturdays when you take a sabbath from your blog!!
T-Bone

rev rock said...

Hey Real,
I don't usually get angry with people on my blog but I went to your link and read your post. You addressed the need for people to be more concerned about the heat in hell then the heat on our planet and that is extremely upsetting to me. Where is the anger coming from when people are trying to protect the earth that God made good? At the very least we are making the world a better place. Why are you angry about that. And why are you so fired up about people going to hell...please tell me your post was a joke. Even if the world ends in a huge fire ball and all of our cars slam into the heathens because we've been raptured to go play our harps in the clouds we still have a mandate to lovingly care for the earth. One of our first commands in scripture. I'm not looking to fight but your post really irritated me and I'm sorry that we strongly disagree on this issue.

Anonymous said...

I am in rev rock...

count on me for not driving my car for 3 days.

rev rock said...

Thanks Doug. That's what I love about the blog thing. I don't even know you and you're going to be a part of our adoption. How cool is that. Now if only some of the people I knew would show some love...hint, hint!

escamillaweddings said...

if i was staying in riverside during the week, i would def give up the car for a few days and just walk to work. unfortunately my folks will be gone the entire time you are gone and im left staying in calimesa. thus, i must drive to work. unless someone wants to give me chris angel's secret on levitation? maybe i can fly to work. dang that would be awesome.

anyhow...what i WILL do is not drive on a few days of the weekends you are gone. i can swing that. definitely keeping you all in prayer danny boy!!!

ian said...

"...thy Kingdom come...on EARTH as it is in Heaven."

Topherspoon said...

I'll do it Dan. I'll walk to and from work EVERYDAY you are gone.I will make the sacrifice.

I do this most of the time...I live in a parsonage and my office is only like 200 yards from my front door. Oh well. I'm doing it for you Dan! Let me talk to the wife and we'll try to send a check as well.

TheEpicBeat said...

dude, stay out of it with Real...I just spent a few minutes on his site and I feel like I have to post public apologies all over it to people who think that he actually represents the love of Christ.

As for me, I am trying to figure out a way to ditch the car. I gotta be creative because that hill is mighty steep for a bike. Oh! Got it! Can I borrow your Vespa while you are gone? Awesome, problem solved.

Oh and REAL (if you come back) I hope you realize that we are on the same side.

Anonymous said...

I'm in Dan. I will walk to work and home as much as I can while you are gone. I too believe taking care of this planet that God created is a wonderful way to worship Him.

Anonymous said...

ok, i'm in! I will give up driving for 3 days while you guys are on your trip. that may mean I stay home those 3 days, seeing as how it's 234 degrees up here in good ole redding!
love you guys! safe travels!