Friday, June 08, 2007

The Cobalt Season rules!


So I went and saw The Cobalt Season last night on the roof of the Life Arts building and got darn near inspired. Incredible music...incredible people. Go pick up their CD's here. Damien threw down some poetry that was truly great. It was delivered Mike Myers style too...amazing. Wooo-man.....wooooo-man. (That won't be funny if you haven't seen So I Married an Axe Murderer.)

Here's an excerpt from one of their songs, Begin again:

So do we just start right here
Or go back to the same square one
Isn’t that my biggest fear?
That I’ll miss it when it comes

Cause I don’t know what to do
Is the Kingdom even breakin’ through?
God, I hope it still is true

Cause from everything I see
The biggest problem still seems to be me
And for all the ways the world is shit
There is so much beauty in all of it

But I can’t seem to find
The very thing that haunts my mind
Could it be that I’m still blind?

And you know that I would see if you’d wash my eyes
But I keep swallowing the same old lies
And I just need a place now to begin… to begin
So I can begin again

Good stuff.

1 comment:

JennO said...

i feel ya too. their words speak deeper than i think we can even grasp - that night was a beakon of light for me....