Saturday, April 21, 2007

I'm officially old...31 and counting


31 years ago today I started my life on this planet. 10 years ago I remember looking at people in their 30's thinking life had officially ended for them. What the heck...I still feel like I'm 11. Today I watched my son who turns 4 in 9 days ride his bike through our living room for 20 minutes and thought to myself...when did all this happen...life is fast...my goal is to make the next 31 years a lot slower. I'm going to kiss my wife more, put my son on my shoulders more, listen to the birds more, walk through my neighborhood more, and listen to people more. I'm finding God more in the small things in life. I think the rest of my life is going to be a journey into obscurity and smallness. The kingdom doesn't need any more neon signs and flashing lights. I know this is starting to sound like my obituary so I will stop. When you get old you start to ramble. Grow old well folks!

4 comments:

Savi said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a marvelous day, fileld with loads of cake and hugs! :)

escamillaweddings said...

yeah...you's old.

cheers to the next 31!

Casey Angulo said...

Happy Birthday! What a loser assistant. I have to be reminded by your blog that it is you birthday. :)

Topherspoon said...

Thanks for letting the rest of us think "at least I'm not as old as Dan", totally missed not being at book club. I assume you guys met but maybe not... I keep looking for the posts about "Sex"... and well... I haven't seen any.

Happy Birthday Dan!