Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Post number 100...yeah!

Not bad for starting this bad boy in October of 06. I'm barely starting to get the hang of this whole blog thing. Hopefully it's been of use in giving you small glimpses into my life. I struggle with the whole, "hey come look at my life, I'm really important" thing. I'm not important and I try to live my life for others, not myself. Hopefully you get that and don't see this as some self absorbed vanity experiment. I have just found it really cool to be able to keep up with friends I don't see all the time and to give the world a little glimpse into the world of Dan. I'm sure as this journey continues there will be plenty of randomness, seriousness, funnyness, observationsness, and the butchering of the english language. Have you had any favorite posts up to this point? Anything you'd like to see more of? Less of? Would anyone care if my blog didn't exsist tomorrow? Just looking for some feedback on what we've gone through so far. I'll do a little blog evaluation every 100 posts. Leave your name if you are someone that reads this blog every once in a while. I'd like to know who this little community consists of.

8 comments:

Casey Angulo said...

I like your rants. -Casey

Anonymous said...

the problem with blogs is they are very surface-deep. you are a much deeper person than what you are able to express yourself as on a blog. i know some people have an incredible gift to fully articulate every thought and place it online but i know you have a much easier time doing this in person through verbal communication. this is why your blog may seem to some as another skin deep vanity experiment with fun times and pictures. but those people need to realize a blog isn't exactly the representation of everything about a person, just the things which that person finds the easiest to express in this particular form. some people choose to blog their every moment ion existence and their liofe becomes transparent and accessible to all, but that can be a little too much. blogs shouldn't be reality shows... i find they can be voyeuristic for some people. a little bit of peeping tom into other peoples minds. your blog so far is a little more on the light side, and if someone knows you, they know that your ideas are much deeper than random Disneyland pics and what books you're reading. thats why i think blogs can sometimes misrepresent a person. on my blog i have a hard time trying to figure out what to post. i don't want to reveal the recesses of my mind to the public, but i do want to let people know what i'm listening to, reading, etc, but not turn into a round table discussion or some kind of literary triumph. i hope my ramble made some sense. i like your blog. you don't have a header with pictures of you in myspace angles holding a guitar like it's your lost love. but maybe you should.

Anonymous said...

I love it all. The random breakfast insight, disneyland adventures and small glimpes into the mind of Dan.

Anonymous said...

Good Blog, Keep it up

When you put your photo as the banner along with the "reverendROCKSTAR" we will discuss matters of vanity.
Also if you come up with the next 100 posts within the week so you can have more feedback, we will discuss vanity...

jim & christi

Topherspoon said...

I would notice if you disappeared.

Anonymous said...

Hey D-Love,
I read your blog, even though we're neighbors. I always like to hear what you have to say, so keep on keepin' on.
Your friend Bruce Lee

Casey Angulo said...

Wow. Ian's really thought about this.haha.

escamillaweddings said...

why does anyone have to feel so much pressure about a little thing like a "blog?"

post whatever the hell you want.
just like burger king - make it your way!
pictures or not.
deep thoughts or funny cartoons.
it's your blog that's what it's for.

rock it dan.
"rock it"...haha that made me think of def leppard.

anyway...
as for me, i never read your blog.
i think it's lame.

and disneyland is from the devil.





that was a joke.
except for the d-land part.