Thursday, February 22, 2007

New Orleans Pics (part 4)





The first pic is me and Pastor Alfred. He is an amazing man and great friend. He told me as I was leaving that he couldn't believe that we had just met this last year. He felt like we had been friends for a long time. I was really encouraged by that. The second picture is of a menu at this restaurant that we went to that was amazing. Here's a breakdown of some of the things I grubbed on this week: catfish, gumbo, jambalaya, ribs, red beans and rice, crawfish (aka: mud bugs), shrimp, soft shell crab, bread pudding, goosey cake, and king cake. It was ridiculous. Usually you go on a trip like this and lose weight but I think I gained 5. Well worth every pound though.
That's a pic of our sleeping quarters. 35 guys in two double wides with 2 bathrooms...good times!

No comments: