Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm goin' book crazy

So I finally got a bunch of books that I ordered with my Christmas money. Here's a list and I will update you as I finish them:
The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with it. Very challenging...feel like it could be a little more balanced but I haven't finished it yet.
Following Jesus, Biblical Reflections on Discipleship by N.T. Wright. He's the man!
The Challenge of Jesus, Rediscovering who Jesus was and is by N.T. Wright
The Bible as it was by James L. Kugel. 560 pages and no pictures. (What was I thinking!)
Jesus and Emire, The kingdom of God and the New World disorder by Richard Horsley
Colossians Remixed, Subverting the Empire by Brian J. Walsh
I need to throw a Harry Potter book in the mix or something to even things out. I'm stoked to start reading. Right now I'm addicted to reading and listening to Rob Bell and Mike Erre on line. There are new things happening in the mind of Reverend Rockstar and I will share as things get clearer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Irresistable Revolution, I just started reading this, I'm about 1/4 through the book. I feel that it does encourage to be radical, but I have learned these recent weeks from my family at home and church that like you said, there has to be a balance. I can worship God and meet his calling where I am right now or I can also be sent to Africa. Either way is meeting God's calling. Not everyone has to be poor or rich, it should be a balance. I still encourage to read this book with an open mindset.

Anonymous said...

i think you need some more books about Jesus.